Wok cooking can be one of the most versatile styles of cooking. This 2000 year old cooking method can stir-fry, braise, sear, deep fry, steam, poach, and even smoke. It also can bring an insatiable element to your favorite dish, the "wok hei", in Chinese translates to "breath of the wok".
Join us in-person or virtually as we kick-off our 2023 Chef Spotlight series and learn from Master Chef David Soohoo, who will take us on a cultural and historic wok cooking journey and demonstrate the benefits of how this one-of-a-kind cooking method simultaneously elevates your menu and saves money.
Chef David will demonstrate his wok cooking expertise through a special live culinary demonstration on traditional Chinese, and uniquely showcasing Italian and Mexican cuisines! Learn how to design a wok that not only meets your needs but is efficient and versatile.
To Be Presented:
1. Learn the various wok hardware setups that can be found in the industry.
2. Learn various ways a wok can be used in the kitchen, not just for Chinese cooking (chow vs. pow woks).
3. Learn best practices to maintain your wok setup.
4. Learn the basic elements that separate woks from other cooking equipment — Science of the "Art of High Heat Cooking".
5. Utility programs, services, identify cost savings and rebates for qualified energy-efficient equipment.
David Soohoo, Master Chef
David Soohoo, Town Food Service
Riki Nanno, SoCalGas